20 QUESTIONS WITH…
The Wildhearts Singer Ginger
This week’s 20 Questions is with The Wildhearts former singer Ginger. If you’re not up on The Wildhearts, here’s a brief summary of their career: They formed in August 1989, they released a CD, toured, broke up, they got back together, they released a CD, did a bunch of drugs, they broke up, they got back together, members quit, they got new members, they released a million singles with new B-Sides, toured, did more drugs, they broke up, they got back together, they toured, destroyed Kerrang’s offices, drank, released more CDs, did some drugs, broke up a few more times, got back together, toured, played Japan, and finally released a live CD. The Wildhearts have gone their separate ways now and Ginger is working on a solo album and also working on a project called Clam Abuse. But we didn’t ask Ginger much about that, we asked him quality Metal Sludge style questions. Enjoy!
1. What are you currently up to? (This is your only chance to plug your projects, CDs, shows, websites, etc. So get all your shit in now while you have the chance!)
Getting pissed off with record companies, lawyers and Californian gossip junkie lame assed phoney lazy wanna be musicians that never do anything outside of playing Tamie fucking Downs club.
2. If you could be a tampon for any celebrity, who would it be?
I cant say Cristina Ricci because she`s too young, so the girl off the poster for "She`s all that"
3. Imagine a crazed lunatic holding a loaded gun to your head with one bullet left – and right now it?s got your name on it. You can either take a bullet to the chest (a wound from which you might survive), or he will rape you (and he?s hung like Tommy Lee!). He will wear a condom though, since he?s into safe sex. After he?s done raping you, you must take the condom off his dick and suck down all the contents and lick it clean. After that, you are free to go. Which do you choose?
I would gladly take the bullet and laugh.
4. Other than yourself, what rock star deserves the biggest smack in the mouth?
5. What is the real reason The Wildhearts called it a day?
6. How many times have you been arrested and thrown in jail, and what is the most amount of time you?ve spent in the slammer?
7. What are your top 3 best and worst memories of The Wildhearts?Best: Models in Japan
Drugs in America
AC/DC in Europe
Worst : Drugs in England
Fights on drink
8. What is this about having fans donate money for you to release your solo album?I hate record companies with a passion reserved for rapists, and I would do anything to be able to make music without having to fucking beg for the honour.
10. Please rate the following birds on a scale of 1 – 10. 1 being the bollocks, and 10 being very shagable. (feel free to add any comments you see fit.)
Samantha Fox …….not my type, 4
Geri Halliwell……………not her type, 5
Melinda Messenger ……gorgeous, 8
Pamela Anderson………cute and daft, 8
Carmen Electra …………looks like a tyre, 3
Claudia Schiffer…………nice in pictures but looks like Dolph Lungren in real life, 5
Victoria Adams (Posh Spice)………….a face like a pig eating a bar of shit, 0
Courtney Love…………..used to look like Tyla (Dogs D`amour) on a bad morning, now throws good shapes, 1 or 5
Shirley Manson…………I used to really go for girls that looked like fish, so….5
11. What current hard rock/heavy metal band should call it a day and give it up?Kiss
12. The Wildhearts had a little U.S. success with "Suckerpunch" but you guys didn’t tour over here at all. Why didn?t the Wildhearts tour the U.S?Shit management and shit record company, with an A+R guy called Derek Oliver who hated the band.
13. What is/was your drug of choice?
Anything I can/could smoke
14. Give us an example of some of your record company horror stories?
15. You must choose one of the following and live with the guilt for the consequences.
16. Other than yourself, what lead singer sings out of key the most?
Ian Brown from Stone Roses.
17. Are you bitter that The Wildhearts never had the success they deserved?
Nah, cos one or more of us would be dead now.
18. For $250,000: Think of the most physically repugnant person you know. Say their name aloud. Now, to get paid, you must let that person squat above you and release a large helping of diarrhea onto your chest. You must then wait for five minutes, breathing only through your nose. Then you may get up, get showered, and get paid.
20. Metal Sludge’s Word Association. We mention a name, and you give us your thoughts.
Lars Ulrich = groupie
Slaughter = horrific
Bret Michaels =bald
Vince Neil = food
Sebastian Bach = ex-cutie
Marilyn Manson = American
LA Guns =irrelevant
Tommy Lee =lucky
Spike = lost
Nikki Sixx = mate
For more info on Ginger’s solo projects, The Wildhearts’ history, and other bullshit, go to http://www.scuzz.com/ginger/index.html, which is Ginger’s Official site.