Home / News / Various Sludge / Bulletboys thrown off AMERICA ROCKS tour in Sacramento. Promoter says they showed up too late.

Bulletboys thrown off AMERICA ROCKS tour in Sacramento. Promoter says they showed up too late.

Bulletboys thrown off show in Sacramento. Promoter says they showed up late.

Mmarq-torien.jpg

Marq Torien on Sacramento date,
"We are very disappointed that we did not get to play."

 

 

AMERICA ROCKS 5 band tour package reduced to Jack Russell’s Great White at Nor Cal show.

Bulletboys get kicked off bill by promoter for being late. Faster Pussycat injured? Lillian Axe bailed the tour in Texas & Pretty Boy Floyd broke up last month.

Posted By: Metal Sludge

California USA –  Only in America can you have the AMERICA ROCKS tour. And only in America can you have a ‘hairband tour package’ find themselves battling drama from the very first show through the final weekend.

What happened now? Well here is what we learned.

AMERICA ROCKS started off the mid summer run as a 5 band tour package. The tour featured: Jack Russell’s Great White, Faster Pussycat, Bulletboys, Pretty Boy Floyd and Lillian Axe. Over the tour there was a stolen tour bus, a band who played 1 song for their entire set on opening night, band fights, boozed up singers barfing in dressing rooms, tons of groupies, stolen pedal boards, threats of legal action and it appears a band break up.

Now on the last weekend of the tour, the final shows seem to have lost a minimum of 2, and in some cases 3 or 4 of the bands off the 5 band package.

Word is that "The Whisky" show on Thursday night went off without a hitch, but Lillian Axe and Pretty Boy Floyd did not appear. Then comes Friday in Sacramento at "Ace of Spades". This is where 3 of the 5 remaining bands were scheduled to play. But…it appears 2 more bands didn’t take the stage. Read on.

The ACE OF SPADES promoter has posted the following message on the Sacramento clubs official Facebook page.

First, for all those who attended last night’s Great White show, we apologize for the debacle that occurred last night. At 4pm yesterday, the agent for the bands called us and informed us that both Faster Pussycat and Pretty Boy Floyd had to cancel due to injury in which we immediately posted signs on the doors to the venue. We then received a call that the Bulletboys left Los Angeles late and there was a chance the band would miss their set time. We thought we would be OK with The Bulletboys running late since Faster Pussycat and Pretty Boy Floyd cancelled and that the Bulletboys were now going to perform right before Great White. The Bulletboys were originally scheduled to take the stage at 7:30pm but they did not arrive until 10:15pm. We had to make the decision to cut the Bulletboys in order for Great White to perform their entire show. The Bulletboys offered to play after Great White, but unfortunately, the City of Sacramento has placed a 12:00am curfew on our business and we could not have the Bulletboys perform after Great White. In the 250+ concerts that we have produced at Ace of Spades, we have never had a band show up after doors were open until last night. We, at Ace of Spades, want to make sure that we produce first-class entertainment in a safe, clean environment for our customers. Our customers mean the world to us and without you, our business would have closed long ago. Even though it might not make amends for last night’s show, we would like to offer everyone who bought a ticket last night a free pair of tickets to our Quiet Riot show on Saturday, September 15th. For those of you who purchased your tickets online, we will send you an email this week with the tickets. For those of you who purchased tickets at Dimple Records, The Beat or Armadillo, please email [email protected] and will send you a link to download tickets. We appreciate your support and we hope to see you soon at Ace of Spades!

 

Bulletboys founder Marq Torien posted the following message about the Sacramento show on the bands official Facebook page



BulletBoys would like to apologize to everyone who came out to see us at the Ace of Spades in Sacramento tonight only to be disappointed. We drove 10 hours in traffic from Los Angeles today an arrived ON TIME to play for you…..only to be accosted by the promoter (Eric Rushing) and told we were being pulled from the show. We held up our end of the contract. You can thank Eric for letting you guys down. As for the other bands….I can only speak for BulletBoys. We were there and ready to rock! We are very disappointed that we did not get to play. We love you Sacramento!! ~MT

 

Metal Sludge

Sludge Rocks

About Administrator